Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

manalla
Helper V
Helper V

Filter visuals on a page based on two different date slicers

Hi, I have requirement as explained below, and please refer to attached picture.

There are two date slicers. User can select only one date in each slicer, like Start Date and End Date respectively. I am not using Range as user want specifically two boxes to select.

Now coming to the need, i want the table and bar graph to show only the two dates that user selected from both slicers. Right now on the picture/report they show all the dates.

Basic need is, based on the selected two dates by user, i need to show only those Month end day records in all the visuals on the page. Also we need to calculate Sales difference between those two days (I have already acheived this over measure)Report_Pic.png

Thanks

Manoj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@manalla , Try a measure like

measure =
var _min = maxx(allselected(slicer_start),slicer_start[date])
var _min = maxx(allselected(slicer_end),slicer_end[date])
return
calculate([measure4], filter(Table(2),Table(2)[Date] = eomonth(Table(2)[Date],0) && Table(2)[Date] >= _min && Table(2)[Date] <=_max))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@manalla , Try a measure like

measure =
var _min = maxx(allselected(slicer_start),slicer_start[date])
var _min = maxx(allselected(slicer_end),slicer_end[date])
return
calculate([measure4], filter(Table(2),Table(2)[Date] = eomonth(Table(2)[Date],0) && Table(2)[Date] >= _min && Table(2)[Date] <=_max))

Hi @amitchandak 

Had to slightly tweak the MIN and MAX of date variables. Below is the modified and working measure.

measure =
var mind=CALCULATE(MIN('Table (2)'[Date]), FILTER(ALL('Table (2)'),'Table (2)'[Date] in VALUES(slicer_Start[Date])))
var maxd=CALCULATE(MAX('Table (2)'[Date]), FILTER(ALL('Table (2)'),'Table (2)'[Date] in VALUES(Slicer_End[Date])))
return
calculate(sum('Table (2)'[sale]), filter('Table (2)','Table (2)'[Date] = eomonth('Table (2)'[Date],0) && 'Table (2)'[Date] >= mind && 'Table (2)'[Date] <=maxd))

Thanks
Manoj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.