Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter visual by two slicers

Hi,

I have two slicers on my report (which are based on the same column in the same table, the column contains only text). I want to use the selection of both of these slicers to filter a visual (more secifically the breakdown of a waterfall chart but I guess that's not relevant here). How could I do that? 

After some research, this is my approach so far:

1.) create two copies of the table - both slicers are based on one of the copies, and the copies have no relationships.

2.) write  two measures:

measure 1 = ALLSELECTED(CopyTable1[mycolumn])    

measure 2 = ALLSELECTED(CopyTable2[mycolumn]) 

3.) that's where I don't know how to proceed. I think I have to somehow combine these two measures and then filter the visual based on this, correct? Or is my approach completely wrong?

Thanks for any hint!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , refer my example to dates, how two independent tables have been used for filter . Here you have to use in clause

calculate(countrows(Table) , filter(table, Table[mycolumn] in ALLSELECTED(CopyTable1[mycolumn]) ))

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , refer my example to dates, how two independent tables have been used for filter . Here you have to use in clause

calculate(countrows(Table) , filter(table, Table[mycolumn] in ALLSELECTED(CopyTable1[mycolumn]) ))

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.