Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jefern

Filter visual by selecting multiple related entries

Hello, I'm pretty new to PowerBI. Our team is tagging email and I have a list of all the email tags used by our team shown in PowerBI.

I would like to be able to select one tag, then the PowerBI visual show only other tags that were included in emails where that tag was included. Then, if I select a second tag, the visual refresh again with only those emails that contain both tags. And continue to be able to select more tags that are present in the same emails until I can find the particular email with all the tags I selected. The goal is to be able to find a particular email, even if I was not the sender, by just guessing the tags that were probably relevant to the topic I'm searching for. Is this possible in Power BI?

1 REPLY 1
lc_finance
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jefern ,

I believe it is possible. We can use the SEARCH function of Power BI to find out the tags included in each email. 

Based on that, filter the emails.

Here is another question for which the SEARCH function helped:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Tag-rows-containing-strings-among-a-list/m-p/820733

Can you share a sample Power BI file with the emails and the tags?

I'll look for a solution based on your data.

Regards

LC

Interested in Power BI and DAX? Check out my blog at www.finance-bi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.