Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Erron
Frequent Visitor

Filter visual and ignore date range only

Unable to find an exact situation from searching but its difficult to know what to search for also.

powerbi1.jpg

From the screenshot you can see the mobile service visual where i can click on a value which filters the 'Monthly Usage' visual, unfortunately because the mobile service visual is filtered to only show the last month of data, it applies this to the monthly usage visual as well. I want to have the monthly usage visual filter down to the mobile service selected but keep the full date range.

4 REPLIES 4
Erron
Frequent Visitor

Apologies for not explaining it too well (same problem i had searching for an answer, hard to know what to ask).

Thanks for the ideas so far but havnt yet fixed the issue for me, it seems like it should be a simple answer.

To put it simply,

- The Mobile Service Data Usage visual is filtered to show only the last month of data

- Monthly Usage by default has no date filter so shows full history of data for all phones, no problem so far
- When i click on a phone in the Mobile Service Data Usage visual it will filter the whole page for just this phone as you expect

- What i want is for the Monthly Usage visual to then show the data for that selected phone BUT continue to show full history of data, what happens is it filters to just the last month of data (using that filter added to Mobile Service Data Usage visual).

Here is the before picture showing everything fine by default:

powerbi_before.jpg

Then once i click on a phone number, it filters BOTH the phone AND the one month filter, i just need it to filter the phone but leave it to show full history of it:

powerbi_after.jpg

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Erron ,

Not sure if i understand you correctly, but you can try select Axis field then use show items with no data feature and see if it helps.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Erron ,
I have to admit that I have my difficulties, to read anything on the screenshot you provided. For this the following is guesswork. If it does not work, you might consider to create a pbix file that contains some sample data, but still reflects your data model, upload the file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.
You have to create a measure, that honors the mobile service, but ignores the date. This measure has to be used inside the monthly usage visual.
This might work:

measure = 
var _mobileservice = values('<dimension table mobileservice>'[mobileservice])
return

calculate(
	sum('<fact table>'[numeric column])
	, ALL('<calendar table>')
	, FILTER(
		ALL('<dimension table mobileservice>'[mobileservice])
		, '<dimension table mobileservice>'[mobileservice] in _mobileservice
	)
)

Hopefully, this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.