Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dosania
Helper II
Helper II

Filter values based on a selection

Hi,

I would like the table on my visualisaiton to only show the values based on the filter I am using.

For example, If I select Type A, I only want to show those value, which seems simple enough.

However, my criteria, and it's values are from only 3 columns. Attribute and Type and Value, and these are at a customer level.

At the moment, I have 2 visuals side by side, each seperatley filtering I want to show for them, which is not very user friendly.

I am doing this by only selecting those attributes I want to show.

When I select my Type filter, I would like it to only show the values that are relevant for that type.

An example of this is below;

dosania_2-1621186046519.png

I only want to show the values in Green on my visual. 

Is there a way I can dynmically only show the values relevant to the type when this is selected in the slicer?

In Tableau, I would have used a Parameter to do this.

Thanks,

Anish

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dosania 

Do you have values in Pink? If only Green cells have values, you could try @gdarakji 's solution. If there are values in Pink, we may need to consider other workarounds.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

gdarakji
Resolver III
Resolver III

Please elaborate more or show a sample of the end result you are trying to achieve. If I understood you correctly, you can achieve what you want using a "Matrix" visual. You can put the Type under column fields, Attribute under row fields, and Values under values field. This way, if you filter on Type A, then only Type A attributes will appear. Furthermore, make sure the "Show items with no data" for the "Attributes" is not ticked as below:

gdarakji_0-1621190398759.png

DaleH
Resolver I
Resolver I

Anish,

Are you able to provide more detail?  The graphic and your text description do not align, so it is difficult to determine your need.

Thx

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.