Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter values are not filtered properly

Hi,

I have created a small sample report to explain the issue I'm facing. You can download the report here.

I have added the RLS in the report. I have issues on the available values of the Report Filter.

To reproduce the issue, please do the below steps

1. Click on View As Roles, Select Other User and Type "Joe" in the text box then select the Viewer Role click Ok

2. Now the data is shown on the table related to the user "Joe".

3. When I see the report filter "Environment" there is only one value "QA", because "Joe" is only mapped to "QA". But if you see the "Status" filter it shows both "Active" and "Deleted". I want the filter to display only "Active" because the user has only one possible value there. But "Status" filter shows both "Active" and "Deleted"

tmp.png

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

However the user Joe only has one state the table has two possible result active or inactive so you see on your filter both of them however if the user select the inactive one it will get blanks.

If instead of adding the Status from the Status table you add the StatusID from the Users table you will see that you only get one option.

This as to do with the way your table is setup and the final result depends on your structure and way you have the model. If you turn off the bi-direction on the tables you will see that the filters will have the full results of your tables, also the bidirectionality and the fields you use for each of your filters changes the filter context and the final outcome of the visualization.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix ,

Thanks for your reply. I have made some changes in the report to have multiple possible status for a single user and you have download it here.

Is there any other way we have have only the possible statuses on the filter?

In complex model it will be difficult to merge the tables as every dimension will have its own fields and can't be merged with other table.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for making the question but what is the purpose of these filters having only those values?

Just want to understand the thinking behind it and help you in the right direction, sometimes for usage purposes other options are better than the filter pane.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix ,

In the example, I have a user "Joe" who has two service account "Acc1" and "Acc2" both are "Active". So when I login as "Joe" (impersonate the user to apply RLS) when the user see the filter pane only the "Active" status should be there, because he don't have any service account with "Deleted" status.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.