Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter value of a measure for a chart

Dear all,

Could you please advise below issue?

I created a measure with 2 value is 1 or 2. 

Now, I want to apply the filter for value this measure (is 1) in a specific chart, but I cannot add measure to filter.

Please advise the technique.

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

What’ the chart you used to filter the value of measure?

I’ve also created some data and created a table chart to filter the measure, and I can successfully place the measure into the visual filter to filter it, like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1620377733348.png

Then I guess that you might use the page filter or the report filter because measure can’t be placed into the page filter or the report filter:

v-robertq-msft_1-1620377733351.png

Therefore, I suggest you to click on the visual first to add this measure into the visual filter to filter it and check if it can work

You can download my test pbix file below

More info about understanding types of Filters in Power BI

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

What’ the chart you used to filter the value of measure?

I’ve also created some data and created a table chart to filter the measure, and I can successfully place the measure into the visual filter to filter it, like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1620377733348.png

Then I guess that you might use the page filter or the report filter because measure can’t be placed into the page filter or the report filter:

v-robertq-msft_1-1620377733351.png

Therefore, I suggest you to click on the visual first to add this measure into the visual filter to filter it and check if it can work

You can download my test pbix file below

More info about understanding types of Filters in Power BI

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear.

If you have to create a measure like this, you should able be able to filter  1 in a visual

calculate(sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[column] in {1,2}))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Below is my measure 

Stock cover turn to over = if(and([Max stock cover days]>28,[Min stock cover days]<28),1,2)
So I want to apply the result from this measure to a chart. The chart only show value matching [Stock cover turn to over] is 1.
Could you please advise?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.