Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filter value in same table after column value selection

Hello.

I have one table in model with several visual elements (one table, two column charts and two donut charts):

In visual table this data:

tp_Title : dt

user1 : 08.07.2021

user2 : 08.07.2021

user3 : 08.07.2021

I need click on user1 value in visual table for selecting this user in all other four elements and filter this value in this visual table

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Vasily_Zaytsev ;

In my second solution, If you click user 1 in the visual table, the other four visuals have been filtered by user1.such as :

vyalanwumsft_0-1626163106451.pngvyalanwumsft_1-1626163186281.png

however,you mentioned that only this user in table after click on it,This is impossible, because interaction refers to other visual objects. Clicking on itself cannot make itself only display user1, so you can copy a same table again, and it will only filter user1.

vyalanwumsft_2-1626163557678.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Vasily_Zaytsev 

I'm sorry to understand error, and you could change the two measures as follows:

count = IF(DISTINCTCOUNT('newtable'[tp_Title])>=2,0,CALCULATE(COUNT([ResourceUID]),FILTER(PSUserInfo,[tp_Title]=MAX('newtable'[tp_Title]))))
discount = IF(DISTINCTCOUNT('newtable'[tp_Title])>1,1,CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT([ResourceUID]),FILTER(PSUserInfo,[tp_Title]=MAX('newtable'[tp_Title]))))

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_0-1626160773435.pngvyalanwumsft_1-1626160808166.png

Since the pie chart is not displayed when it is 0, I think it is better to replace Header1 with a slicer in your own pbix.

vyalanwumsft_2-1626160982269.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, Yalan Wu.

In your second solution there are several values after selection (7 users). I need only one. If I click on user 1 in visual table I need filter all table by this value only (only this user in table after click on it). 

Hi, @Vasily_Zaytsev ;

In my second solution, If you click user 1 in the visual table, the other four visuals have been filtered by user1.such as :

vyalanwumsft_0-1626163106451.pngvyalanwumsft_1-1626163186281.png

however,you mentioned that only this user in table after click on it,This is impossible, because interaction refers to other visual objects. Clicking on itself cannot make itself only display user1, so you can copy a same table again, and it will only filter user1.

vyalanwumsft_2-1626163557678.png

Best Regards,

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Vasily_Zaytsev ;

According to your description, you could create a new table as filter value, then create measures as follows:

1.create a new table.

newtable = SUMMARIZE('PSUserInfo',[tp_Title],PSUserInfo[dt])

2.replace filter visual .

vyalanwumsft_0-1626069404153.png

3.create measures(count and distincount)

count = IF(DISTINCTCOUNT('newtable'[tp_Title])>1,COUNT([ResourceUID]),CALCULATE(COUNT([ResourceUID]),FILTER(PSUserInfo,[tp_Title]<>MAX('newtable'[tp_Title]))))
discount = IF(DISTINCTCOUNT('newtable'[tp_Title])>1,DISTINCTCOUNT([ResourceUID]),CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT([ResourceUID]),FILTER(PSUserInfo,[tp_Title]<>MAX('newtable'[tp_Title]))))

4.change other four visual's Field.

vyalanwumsft_1-1626069624314.pngvyalanwumsft_2-1626069674475.png

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_3-1626069742039.png

Best Regards,

Hello, in your solution selected value don't filter in table (it is selection). I meen, that I have only one value in table after selection.

Link for my pbix

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsfIJaX1PFeExmyRhVPVOUAloJ7y?e=UC0rIx

Kind regards, Vasily Zaytsev

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.