Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter value field with corresponding number

Hi All, 

In the filter - what does the number next to the field mean?  So for example - looking at my region field what do the numbers next to blank and CAN mean? Random curiousity 🙂

PBIquestion.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you drag your columns into a table you will be able to see the number of rows for your selected Region Code. This will help you understand the numbers returned.

Example shown below: for the city Abbeville, there are 5 state_name records which yoiu can see in the filters.

As you filter counts change based on your data model relationships.

I do not know if you have any further filters applied which may be rsulting in counts that are not making sense to you.

Cheers,

Maria

FilterCount.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MariaP
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Anonymous 

The number is the toal number of records for CAN and Blanks, so you have 41 blanks and 10 CAN records

Maria

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MariaP  Thanks for your reply but I don't think that's correct.  Unless I misunderstand what you mean by record... what do you mean by record?  The numbers do not at all seem to correspond to the amount of rows for each attribute. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you drag your columns into a table you will be able to see the number of rows for your selected Region Code. This will help you understand the numbers returned.

Example shown below: for the city Abbeville, there are 5 state_name records which yoiu can see in the filters.

As you filter counts change based on your data model relationships.

I do not know if you have any further filters applied which may be rsulting in counts that are not making sense to you.

Cheers,

Maria

FilterCount.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @MariaP .  The data I am looking at shows surprising amount of records - for example a region we don't use very often has a count 4x as high as one that we do.  But your explanation makes sense.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors