Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanquisher11
Frequent Visitor

Filter using data from different table

I want to count the percentage of pass for sciences students

column 0                  column 1      column 2      column 3       column 4

student 1-sciences      student 1     maths              80                  failed

student 2-sciences      student 2     maths              97                  passed

student 3-sciences      student 3     science             93                  passed

student 4-arts             student 4     history             89                  passed

student 5-arts             student 5     literature          61                  failed

column 0,1, and 2 are from Table A-categories

column 3, and 4 are from Table B- results.

so basically the formula should be similar to this

percent= (divide(calculate(countrow(column 0),column 2="maths"||"science", column 4="passed"),calculate(countrow(coumn 0), column 2= "maths"||"sciences"))

and the answer is meant to be 66.67%

Sadly, I can't seem to use column 4 as a filter as it's from a different table. I keep getting 100% results.

How do I go around this issue?

Thank you for your help!

Kind Regards,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@vanquisher11,

How about you use Merge Queries feature in Query Editor of Power BI Desktop to merge all the required columns into one new query? And what is the result do you want to get when using column 4 filter?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try making a measure to count the number of rows of sciences, something like:

NumberofSciences = calculate(countrows(TableA),column2="maths"||column2="science")

Thense probably need to know a bit more of how your tables A and B are related, but the idea would be to divide the above measure by itself, but on the first option you put it in a calculate function using the related function to look up column 4

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.