Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter uses states from visual

Hi all,

I am facing an inconsistency that I am not happy with. I am using a slicer visual to show weeks (last 20 CWs) and additionally I am using the same attribute as a filter that is applied on all pages. Is it possible to connect these both (visual =slicer and filter)?

Example: I am choosing 3 weeks to display with the slicer visual and I want that this selection is also displayed in the "Filter on all pages" setting and vice versa.

Thanks in advance for a reply!

Best regards,

Conny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The selections in the slicer visual can't sync to the filter on all pages.

However, You can try to enable sync slicers.

For the detailed steps, please refer to this document: Sync and use slicers on other pages.

In the Sync slicers pane, you can see that your slicer visibility and its filtration can be applied to several report pages.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The selections in the slicer visual can't sync to the filter on all pages.

However, You can try to enable sync slicers.

For the detailed steps, please refer to this document: Sync and use slicers on other pages.

In the Sync slicers pane, you can see that your slicer visibility and its filtration can be applied to several report pages.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Icey ,

thanks for the quick reply! That is a nice idea and I will use this. But still, the sync between the filter set and the slicer.. this is not possible or?

Best regards,

Conny

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Slicer and Filter are not the same, and syncing between them is not suitable. For the differences, please refer to this document.

One of the most important differences is that you can choose which visuals will be filtered by the slicer through: select Slicer --> Format-->Edit Interactions.

Of course, you can also express your suggestions here, where customers can provide feedback about Power BI to improve it.

Best Regards,

Icey

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.