Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rkaul
Frequent Visitor

Filter two unrelated tables simultaneously

I have two unrelated tables - 'Member order' table which has order info of all the orders placed by the members with order_date and 'renewal payment' table which has information on membership payment done by the members (not order payment) with payment_date. Both tables have dates (order_date and payment_date respectively) ranging from 1st Jan 2018 to present. I want to create a filter which can filter the information in both the tables simultaneously. At present, I have to create a separate date slicer for both tables separately. Is it possible to have just one filter e.g. if I ask user to enter a date range of 1st Aug to 31st Aug 2019, then it should filter information between those date ranges in both the tables? 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rkaul 

you need to create a date table.

Then relate the date column to the relevant date(s) in your tables.

Create a filter/slicer from the date column/date table.

Enjoy!
A

can you elaborate on which relationship I should create after creating the new date table? I'm new to PowerBI. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rkaul 

As mentioned.

Take the date column from the date table. 

Connect it with the date column(s) from your tables. i.e with payment_date & order_date.

Cheers!
A

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.