Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

newpi
Helper V
Helper V

Filter to show data at aggregate level not row level

Hi,

I have a dax measure for total duration. Right now its a filter on a table visual which has user name & Activity & total duration as fileds . So when I Filter the table with saying duration > 30 mins, it filters all users & activity which have duration > 30 mins at row level. What I want to do is, I want to calculate the duration on activity level not activity per user level. 

What I have 

User NameActivityduration
U1meetings 1 hr
U2meetings20 mins 
U3non-meetings 

35 mins

So when i apply the filter of duration > 30 mins, it shows me U1 & U3, but I want my selection to also show U2, since meetings duration combined for U1 & U2 is > 30 mins.

Also, tabular representation above is a simple way of giving this example, I'm using other visuals on this and not just tabular. So need a solution that would work irrespective of the visual selected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @newpi 

You could just create a measure as below and add it into visual level filter then set filter is > 30.

To filter = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[duration]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Activity]=MAX('Table'[Activity])))

8.JPG

and here is sample pbix file, please try it.

by the way, you could also use ALL instead of ALLSELECTED in this measure.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@newpi , You have to try something like

averageX(filter(summarize(Table,Table[User Name],"_1", sum(Table[duration])), [_1]>30),[_1])

@amitchandak This does not seem to work. Also, duration is a measure for me not a column so can't use the sum function and had tried with sumx .

hi @newpi 

You could just create a measure as below and add it into visual level filter then set filter is > 30.

To filter = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[duration]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Activity]=MAX('Table'[Activity])))

8.JPG

and here is sample pbix file, please try it.

by the way, you could also use ALL instead of ALLSELECTED in this measure.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@newpi - You cannot use a measure in a Page level filter.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

edited my title. Can you review the post again please

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.