Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tgjones43
Helper IV
Helper IV

Filter to keep rows where two specific values are both present

Hello all

I have the following data in a table visual and would like to create a measure I can use to filter the table so that only Site 4 is displayed i.e. records where there is a Method value for both A and B, but not A only, and not any other combination of Method values. Is this possible?

Thank you.

SiteMethod
1A
2A
2C
3A
4A
4B
5A
5B
5C

6 REPLIES 6
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@tgjones43 

try to use a measure to filter by TRUE like

Measure = 
IF(
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[Method]), ALLEXCEPT(Table, Table[Site]), Table[Method] IN {"A", "B"}) = 2,
TRUE(),
FALSE()
)

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Thank you @az38, that formula works nicely. But how do I filter on TRUE? I was hoping to be able to filter my table to show only the true values, but when I move the measure to the visual level filter it's not possible to select anything.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@tgjones43 

You also can create a calculated column with the same formula and place it to filter. It should work

LinkedIn

That works nicely, thank you @az38 

Finally, how would I add another condition to that formula? I would like to apply this to the dataset where only the the years = 2017, 2018 and 2019. There is a related table with a [YEAR] column.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@tgjones43
Try a construction like
IF(
CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[Method]), ALLEXCEPT(Table, Table[Site]), Table[Method] IN {"A", "B"}, Table2[Year] IN {“2017”, “2018”, “2019”}) = 2,
TRUE(),
FALSE()
)

LinkedIn

Thank you @az38, that solution works perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.