Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lmundia
Frequent Visitor

Filter to another filter independent of the report

Is it possible to create a filter that will independently filter another filter without changing the visualizations? Here is my scenerio, in an SSRS report, my users had the option to pick a week range which could go back to 20 entries. I am trying to recreate it in PowerBI but with option of choosing TopN weeks that they want displayed in the weeks filter  

1 REPLY 1
Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

I think this is possible, but might be a bit tedious to do.  

If you go to the Format tab, you'll find a button on the far right called Edit Interactions.  This allows you to manage how the selected slicer influences other objects in the report.  

Edit Interactions forum.GIF

In the example pic, I have the Salesperson ID slicer selected.  Now what I can do is click on the funnel to allow interactions with the target object, or the circle/line, do disable interactions with the target object.  

In your case, I think you'll need to select the slicer, and then disable interaction on every object except the one with the weeks in it.  Then the slicer with the Weeks, can used to influence the rest of the report.

You might have to do some trial and error on this, but this should at least get you going down the right road.

Good luck,

Nate

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.