cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmundia
Frequent Visitor

Filter to another filter independent of the report

Is it possible to create a filter that will independently filter another filter without changing the visualizations? Here is my scenerio, in an SSRS report, my users had the option to pick a week range which could go back to 20 entries. I am trying to recreate it in PowerBI but with option of choosing TopN weeks that they want displayed in the weeks filter  

1 REPLY 1
Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

I think this is possible, but might be a bit tedious to do.  

If you go to the Format tab, you'll find a button on the far right called Edit Interactions.  This allows you to manage how the selected slicer influences other objects in the report.  

Edit Interactions forum.GIF

In the example pic, I have the Salesperson ID slicer selected.  Now what I can do is click on the funnel to allow interactions with the target object, or the circle/line, do disable interactions with the target object.  

In your case, I think you'll need to select the slicer, and then disable interaction on every object except the one with the weeks in it.  Then the slicer with the Weeks, can used to influence the rest of the report.

You might have to do some trial and error on this, but this should at least get you going down the right road.

Good luck,

Nate

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.