Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter to Show Range of Dates

Hello,

I am having a new problem with my data.  The current problem is that I filter dates in the Query Editor for a range 7/20/17 - 9/15/17. I close and apply changes and the changes appear in my table.  When I go to the report and create a table visual it is showing me dates beginning from 1/1/17 - 12/31/17.  I have used this filter before for other reports with no problem by doing the exact same steps so I'm not sure what the problem is now.  I have tried grouping the dates, deleting rows before and after -- all to no avail.  After doing all of the filters the data looks perfect, but when I go to report mode and add the table visual I keep getting the same results - full dates, not the filtered dates I selected.

I do not want to have to filter the dates on the report page, because that defeats the purpose of being able to filter the data (IMO).

Filtered Data - by Date RangeFiltered Data - by Date RangeOutput - All Dates, not Filtered DatesOutput - All Dates, not Filtered Dates

Please help, I think I'm losing my mind....:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

My co-worker figured it out for me in about 2 seconds - where I've been working on it for 2 hours!! I needed to remove the "Date Hierarchy" from the values field and it filtered out the data as needed. Ughh and yay.

Hope my misery helps someone else succeed quickly!

Tera

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

My co-worker figured it out for me in about 2 seconds - where I've been working on it for 2 hours!! I needed to remove the "Date Hierarchy" from the values field and it filtered out the data as needed. Ughh and yay.

Hope my misery helps someone else succeed quickly!

Tera

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.