Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter the visual using a column based on some selected value from slicer using different column

Column AColumn BColumn CColumn D
AA1A2DATAFLOWID1
BAB1B1DATAFLOWID1
CTTDATAFLOWID1
DDADDATAFLOWID2
EAEAE3DATAFLOWID2
FOODATAFLOWID3

I have a data like this and i want to use a slicer from field "Column A", based on the selected value from the slicer i want to evluate a condition like, if that selected value is present in either of "Column B" or "Column C" then fetch the "Column D" value and filter he visual using those "Column D values".
For example if the selected value is "A"  and the "Column D" values which satisfies he condition mentioned above are "DATAFLOWID1" and "DATAFLOWID2". filter the visual based on these values and output will okk like this

Column AColumn BColumn CColumn D
AA1A2DATAFLOWID1
BAB1B1DATAFLOWID1
CTTDATAFLOWID1
DDADDATAFLOWID2
EAEAE3DATAFLOWID2

Any solution is welcome and thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Unforgettable, power bi slicer not able to achieve your requirements based on current table structures.
I think you need to unpivot your fields n on query editors side and convert your fields to attribute and value, then you can create a slicer with attribute fields value to choose which field displayed on your chart:

Dynamic Attributes In A Power BI Report 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Unforgettable, power bi slicer not able to achieve your requirements based on current table structures.
I think you need to unpivot your fields n on query editors side and convert your fields to attribute and value, then you can create a slicer with attribute fields value to choose which field displayed on your chart:

Dynamic Attributes In A Power BI Report 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, i didnt get your point. how will the unpivot will be of a help here?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.