Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elia22gr
Helper II
Helper II

Filter the values (outcome) of a calculation group

Hi all!

I have a Power BI report and I ve created 2 calculation Groups in Tabular Editor

The first one holds my measures such as Act Sales, Target, LY Sales, LY-1 Sales, % vs. Target etc called "Metrics" and the second calculation group holds the MTD, QTD, YTD etc called "Time Intelligence".

In my report I have a table with columns the Metrics Calculation Group (and I have a slicer to let viewer choose what they want to see) and the columns are also dynamic with the use of field parameters. I have also one slicer with the Time Intelligence so they see all the measure in the Period they chose (MTD, QTD, YTD etc).

But I want to offer a cleaner view and make the blanks and zeros disappear from my table. If the Act Sales are 0 or blank I want this row not showing (lets say that in the rows we have products). So, if one products Act Sales are 0 this product I don't want to appearing in the table.

How can I make it work?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
PierreL69
Helper III
Helper III

It works thanks 

Kind regards,

Pierre

elia22gr
Helper II
Helper II

@amitchandak No they don't. Act Sales is part of a calculation group not a measure itself. So, if it is zero or blank they don't disappear. I want to filter away the blanks and zeros of the calculation Item Act Sales part of a calculation group. Also, I tried to use a a measure as filter but it didn't worked...

Any ideas?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@elia22gr , Blank should go away automatically. so usually this what we do

if([sales] =0 , blank(), [sales]) //measure

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors