Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

elia22gr
Helper II
Helper II

Filter the values (outcome) of a calculation group

Hi all!

I have a Power BI report and I ve created 2 calculation Groups in Tabular Editor

The first one holds my measures such as Act Sales, Target, LY Sales, LY-1 Sales, % vs. Target etc called "Metrics" and the second calculation group holds the MTD, QTD, YTD etc called "Time Intelligence".

In my report I have a table with columns the Metrics Calculation Group (and I have a slicer to let viewer choose what they want to see) and the columns are also dynamic with the use of field parameters. I have also one slicer with the Time Intelligence so they see all the measure in the Period they chose (MTD, QTD, YTD etc).

But I want to offer a cleaner view and make the blanks and zeros disappear from my table. If the Act Sales are 0 or blank I want this row not showing (lets say that in the rows we have products). So, if one products Act Sales are 0 this product I don't want to appearing in the table.

How can I make it work?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
PierreL69
Helper III
Helper III

It works thanks 

Kind regards,

Pierre

elia22gr
Helper II
Helper II

@amitchandak No they don't. Act Sales is part of a calculation group not a measure itself. So, if it is zero or blank they don't disappear. I want to filter away the blanks and zeros of the calculation Item Act Sales part of a calculation group. Also, I tried to use a a measure as filter but it didn't worked...

Any ideas?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@elia22gr , Blank should go away automatically. so usually this what we do

if([sales] =0 , blank(), [sales]) //measure

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.