Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BhavyaM
Helper V
Helper V

Filter text colour change or background colour change

Hi frineds

I have list of Companies, and I am using that for Chicklet slicer. As per Company filter selection my report will populate the data. So I want to change company filter text colour. How can I do that using Dax

Thanks in Advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @BhavyaM ,

In ChicletSlicer, you just can configure the color in Chiclets. It contains Selected color, Hover color, Unselected color, etc.

Filter1.jpgFilter2.jpg

If you change the category in Slicer, the configured color doesn't change.

Filter4.jpgFilter3.jpg

In Table you are able to see the text colours, we think maybe you configure the conditional formatting.

But unfortunately, the conditional formatting you configure in the table will not be copied to the Slicer.

What you need to do is to configure the color yourself according to the above method.

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @BhavyaM ,

Sorry for that, ChicletSlicer can only configure the color of all fields, not according to conditions.
Perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner : https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BhavyaM ,

1. If you want to change the color of slicer, you can select chiclet Slicer and configure the color in Chiclets.

Filter1.jpg

2. If you want to select the slicer and change the color in table, you can refer the following steps,

1) First create a new table that contains the slicer field. There is no relationship between two tables.

Name table = DISTINCT('Table'[name])

Filter2.jpg

2) Then we can use this table to be a slicer and create a measure,

Measure = 
var _selected = SELECTEDVALUE('Name table'[name])
return
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    _selected = "A", "green",
    _selected = "B", "red",
    _selected = "C", "blue",
    "white")

filter3.jpg

filter4.jpg

If these don’t meet your requirement, could you please show the exact expected result based on the table that we have shared?

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

In Table I am able to see the text colours but same is not working when I take the name column to Chicklet Slicer

Hi @BhavyaM ,

We have a little confused about your issue, do you want to display the color of Table Visual or the color of Slicer? And what is the logic of displaying colors?

Could you please provide some screen shots or a sample pbix file? it will be very helpful.

It can also help others understand your issue more quickly.

Best regards,

I want to see the colours of text in slicer

Hi @BhavyaM ,

In ChicletSlicer, you just can configure the color in Chiclets. It contains Selected color, Hover color, Unselected color, etc.

Filter1.jpgFilter2.jpg

If you change the category in Slicer, the configured color doesn't change.

Filter4.jpgFilter3.jpg

In Table you are able to see the text colours, we think maybe you configure the conditional formatting.

But unfortunately, the conditional formatting you configure in the table will not be copied to the Slicer.

What you need to do is to configure the color yourself according to the above method.

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

image.jpg

 here, in the image you can see list of attributes in Chicklet slicer. No what I want here is, In a single slicer - first 5 attributes I  need in yellow and remaining I need in green.

Hi @BhavyaM ,

Sorry for that, ChicletSlicer can only configure the color of all fields, not according to conditions.
Perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner : https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.