Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Godfather3300

Filter tables by DAX formula results

Hi 

I have a formula that I would like to use to create a visual slicer, the formula returns estimated value brackets and I want to create a visual slicer for the end-user to be able to filter the entire report based on those brackets.

The formula looks like this:

EstimateValueRange =
IF(
SUM(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])>-1 && SUM(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])<=200000,"<=200k",
IF(
SUM(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])>200001 && SUM(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])<=1000000,"200k - 1M",
IF(
SUM(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])>1000001 && SUM(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])<=2000000,"1M- 2M",
IF(
SUM(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])>2000001 && SUM(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])<=99000000,"<=2M"))))

And it returns this

image.png

How can I use that last column to create a new table or feed a visual slicer?

When I try to add a new column to opportunitystats table and use that formula, I only get that first bracket <=200k
image.png

Thank you in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@Godfather3300 

Are you creating a measure or column for this?

Are there any duplicated values in No column? If yes, you can't create a column in the table.

If there are all unique values, you can use switch value, which is easier to write.

Something like below.

column = SWITCH(TRUE(),[LCY]<500,"1-500",[LCY]<1000,"501-1000"))

If there are duplicated values in the No column ,you can transform the table.

1.PNG

Try below to creating a new table

Table 2 = ADDCOLUMNS(SUMMARIZE('Sheet5',Sheet5[NO],"LCY",sum(Sheet5[LCY])),"scope",SWITCH(TRUE(),[LCY]<500,"1-500",[LCY]<1000,"501-1000"))

2.PNG

hope this is helpful.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@Godfather3300 

Are you creating a measure or column for this?

Are there any duplicated values in No column? If yes, you can't create a column in the table.

If there are all unique values, you can use switch value, which is easier to write.

Something like below.

column = SWITCH(TRUE(),[LCY]<500,"1-500",[LCY]<1000,"501-1000"))

If there are duplicated values in the No column ,you can transform the table.

1.PNG

Try below to creating a new table

Table 2 = ADDCOLUMNS(SUMMARIZE('Sheet5',Sheet5[NO],"LCY",sum(Sheet5[LCY])),"scope",SWITCH(TRUE(),[LCY]<500,"1-500",[LCY]<1000,"501-1000"))

2.PNG

hope this is helpful.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks, that worked perfectly, the No column is unique and the Switch formula to add a column did the trick.

Thank you so much!!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Godfather3300 ,

Can you try modifying your DAX as follows:

EstimateValueRange =
IF(
(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])>-1 && (opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])<=200000,"<=200k",
IF(
(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])>200001 && (opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])<=1000000,"200k - 1M",
IF(
(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])>1000001 && (opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])<=2000000,"1M- 2M",
IF(
(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])>2000001 && M(opportunitystats[calcd_Current_value_LCY])<=99000000,"<=2M"))))

Thanks,
Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Thank you for the quick response

I tried that first, This is what I get

image.png

A single value for column 'calcd_Current_value_LCY' in table 'opportunitystats' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.