Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hussard
Frequent Visitor

Filter table

Hello,

I have a big log connection table with these fields : ID, AppName, Version, UserLogin and ConnectionDate

I created a new table with DAX (Aim : have only one row by appName, Version and login)

Table = SUMMARIZE(LogTable;LogTable[AppName];LogTable[Version];LogTable[UserLogin])

But now I would add a slicer and select some interval of dates (source the parent table) and this interval "filter" the new table.

How can I amend my formula to take this filter ?

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
popov
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello,

You need to create relationship between initional table and calculated table. You should to create calculated column in initional table, something like this:

LogGroupId = LogTable[AppName]&LogTable[Version]&LogTable[UserLogin]

i.e. combination of key fields. Next step - add this column in SUMMARIZE construction, next - create relationship between tables using column LogGroupId. You need to set crossfilter direction option to Both

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
popov
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello,

You need to create relationship between initional table and calculated table. You should to create calculated column in initional table, something like this:

LogGroupId = LogTable[AppName]&LogTable[Version]&LogTable[UserLogin]

i.e. combination of key fields. Next step - add this column in SUMMARIZE construction, next - create relationship between tables using column LogGroupId. You need to set crossfilter direction option to Both

Hussard
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks popov and magsod for your replies.

I used popov' solution and it works very well 

Thanks

magsod
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

The calculated table (the new one that you created with DAX) does note update or respond to selections in a report slicer. In that sense the calculated tables are "static" and will only be recalculated during a data refresh.

For your scenario it should work fine without the DAX table. Simply add a table visual to your report where you add the columns AppName, Version and UserLogin.

The table visual will only show one row for each distinct combinaton of your values so if you avoid the ID or the ConnectionDate in the table visual I think you end up with a working solution for you?

Br,

Magnus 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.