Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DrAri
Regular Visitor

Filter table with selected date to show that weeks data

Hi al,

Hope you can help. I want to create two tables one with data for the selected date (selected from a date slicer), the second table showing the sum of the data for the week of the same selected date. I already have a coloumn with the week numbers in my data table. I would prefere not to add more calculate coloumns or measures as there is already few used, but rather do this by using the filter pane or something like that.

Power Bi Community Screenhot 20200309.JPG

Your help would be appriciated, 

Friendly greetings from South Africa

Ps. dont look at the formating this is still a work in progress

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Not sure I go it. But for the second visual. Add date to visual level filter and try to use relative or advance filter. That can control the visual for the week , month, etc,

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@DrAri any reason why you don't want to add new measure, it is going to be much easier if you add a measure for weekly calculation based on the selected date.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k Well....to be honest there is 7 individual columns (different sizes and classes for my product) that will each need a measure with 18 measures and 15 columns in the table. So it comes down t being lazy and looking for maybe a simpler solution?

But if creating measures is the simplest.... I wont to hardset against it...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.