Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter table through list query

I have created a list query which holds only one value. i want to use that value to filter another table.

But Filter accepts only Parameter or manual selection and not a query.

when i want to assign this value to parameter its not taking that value instead it asks for current value. ( here i want it should take the value from the query as is, becuase that value will be dynamic.

How to do this? Please assist..

List Created:

list.PNG

Unable to assign this value to Parameter:

parameter.PNG

i want to use that value in if condition to filter an another table in power query:

if cond.PNG

But Parameter is not taking the value from list query. How to achieve it dynamically? Please assist..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  ,

Thank you for your inputs and assistance.

i also tried modifying query in M query without using Parameter and it worked fine.

i just put MonthListQuery (created table/list query) in M query to filter the table.

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Removed Other Columns", each [Month_End] = #"MonthListQuery"),

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Based on my research,it's not supported yet.You may vote for this similar idea.For further,please check if this article could help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-dynamically-set-the-Parameter-Current-Value/td-p/89106

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  ,

Thank you for your inputs and assistance.

i also tried modifying query in M query without using Parameter and it worked fine.

i just put MonthListQuery (created table/list query) in M query to filter the table.

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Removed Other Columns", each [Month_End] = #"MonthListQuery"),

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.