Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zafarissadeen
Frequent Visitor

Filter table by some of the values in a visual but not others

My scenario is as follows

My data is a list of comments and responses in a table. Each comment is categorised and the responses inherit the comments categories automatically. A Comment is identified as such if the column Parent is set to 0. If it is a response then the Column Parent has the ID of the parent comment.

What I am trying to achieve:

I have a visual showing the categories of comments (a stacked bar chart). 

From a count perspective I am only interested in Comments so my visuals are set to to filter for Parent = 0. However I have a table where I would like to see the comments and the responses for a selected category. 

What happens:

when I click on the category to filter the table it removes the responses. how do I show the comments and responses?

Update (with screenshots):

Visual below Design Package(annotation 1) has been filtered for Parent = 0 (see annotation 2). I would like the table (annotation 3) to filter for only the Design Package but not where Parent = 0. The data for this comes in a single table (see second screenshot below). When I click on a design package it then filters the table items but also filters out anything where Parent is not equal to 0. 

The requirement for the table (annotation 3) is to show the comments for the design package that has been clicked on but without the Parent = 0 filter.

Annotation 2020-05-19 191047.png

Annotation 2020-05-19 191447.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zafarissadeen ,

Can you provide me a sample data with expected output to make your requirement more clear?

Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@v-kelly-msft @amitchandak  I have updated the original post. Thank you for helping me out!

Hi  @Zafarissadeen ,

If I didnt misunderstand wrong,I think you'd better modify the interactions between visuals that can make the filter only affect certain visuals.

Here is the reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Zafarissadeen , The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

But if want to change axis or the row or the grouping data when you select a value in the slicer, then bookmark is the option: https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.