Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter table based on some values of another table

Hello all! I have this situation, I hope someone could help me!

I have two tables, that are not related and canot be, when I click on one of them, I want to look in the other for the field HKONE, WRBTR, Date, etc.

I found and example and I can achieve search with one column; with this Measure:

HKONE2 = COUNTROWS(FILTER('Sheet1',SEARCH('Sheet1'[HKONE],MAX('Table'[HKONE]),,0)>0)) then I put the measure HKONE2 in visual filters and show the value when is greater than 0; and works ok.

But what I want is to have two or more columns like HKONE and bring me the information of the table, for example that I can display in the details table when the HKONE and the WRBTR are equal to the ones selected in the table (Sheet1).

For example:

I selected in the first table  the first row with 11301000 and in the second table show me all the rows with the same number 11301000; I want to show the rows with 11301000 and the WRBTR 0.32 two, and then with the same Date 01/09/2011, etc.

5.JPG

This is the link for pbi

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vsiWEDCOOhSNkxrFBZmZ-UbjTU-WcnrA/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all! I have this question, I hope someone could help me! I have two tables, that are not related and canot be, when I click on one of them, I want to look in the other for the field HKONE, WRBTR, Date, etc. I found and example and I can achieve search with one column; with this Measure: HKONE2 = COUNTROWS(FILTER('Sheet1',SEARCH('Sheet1'[HKONE],MAX('Table'[HKONE]),,0)>0)) then I put the measure HKONE2 in visual filters and show the value when is greater than 0; and works ok. But what I want is to have two or more columns like HKONE and bring me the information of the table, for example that I can display in the details table when the HKONE and the WRBTR are equal to the ones selected in the table (Sheet1). For example: I selected in the first table the first row with 11301000 and in the second table show me all the rows with the same number 11301000; I want to show the rows with 11301000 and the WRBTR 0.32 two, and then with the same Date 01/09/2011, etc. This is the link for pbi https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vsiWEDCOOhSNkxrFBZmZ-UbjTU-WcnrA/view?usp=sharing Thanks for the help.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Current power bi not support to create dynamic calculated column/table based on slicer/filter.

You can create a dynamic measure based on slicer, but if you use it in a calculated column, it will been fixed and only return static value.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-shex-msft

Thanks for the reply.

nor can you filter a table with another table, taking two columns as a reference?
For example in this case with the HKONE and the WBTR

Thanks

HI @Anonymous,

It is possible to use other table static columns as reference in measure or calculated column calculation.  If you want that column is dynamic based on filter or slicer, it only works on measure calculation.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.