Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Filter table based on Calculated Measure(s), using DAX formulas

Hello im having a table (object on a sheet) on powerBI which i would like to filter its rows based on certain column(s).

This column(s) is a calculate measure. In our case if a value is below a certain percentage then dont show, the row this value belong to, on the table.

The calculated measures on the table are names: "% AVG Effort 1 Cost" and "% AVG Effort 2 Cost"

1. I would like on the following table to filter out the rows where % AVG Effort 1 Cost < 20%. After the filtering the table will only have 3 rows. I prefer to have a separate field which i can use it to filter out the rows, but im open to suggestions on this.

2. I would also like to filter out the rows based on both calculated measures "% AVG Effort 1 Cost" and "% AVG Effort 2 Cost"

E.g. Filter out rows where % AVG Effort 1 Cost < 20% AND % AVG Effort 2 Cost > 40%

The powerBI workspace is also available on this link

image.png

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@venug20

Thank you for this partial solution.

There is one limitation though. The total row still shows data including the outliers.

I found a better filtering which also shows the correct total which is the following one.

I will add both yours and mine so as to help other readers:

Yours:

% AVG Effort 2 Cost 2 = IF([% AVG Effort 2 Cost] > 0.40, [% AVG Effort 2 Cost], BLANK())

Mine:

% AVG Effort 2 Cost 2 = CALCULATE([% AVG Effort 2 Cost];FILTER(Calculated_Measures;[% AVG Effort 2 Cost]>=0.4))

This is a great alternative

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
venug20
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi themistoklis,

i got one partial solution for you... is it ok for...

or else tell me sample output how to display your results...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/micnrlo5chrxow2/PowerBI_Sample.pbix?dl=0

@venug20

Thank you for this partial solution.

There is one limitation though. The total row still shows data including the outliers.

I found a better filtering which also shows the correct total which is the following one.

I will add both yours and mine so as to help other readers:

Yours:

% AVG Effort 2 Cost 2 = IF([% AVG Effort 2 Cost] > 0.40, [% AVG Effort 2 Cost], BLANK())

Mine:

% AVG Effort 2 Cost 2 = CALCULATE([% AVG Effort 2 Cost];FILTER(Calculated_Measures;[% AVG Effort 2 Cost]>=0.4))

This is a great alternative

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.