Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VipinReddy
Employee
Employee

Filter slicer based on other slicer selection

Hi, 

I have a requirement were the client wants to filter the slicer using an other slicer. I have three slicers Year, Month and Project Status as shown below. 

VipinReddy_0-1629922601384.png

The requirement is only when a user selects project status as completed, the fiscal year and month should be enabled. When other status are selected the year and month filter should be blank or disabled. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @VipinReddy 

You can make the following adjustments on parry2k's measure,

Project Selected = IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Project Status] ) = "Completed", 1,0 )

then put the measure into the visual level filter,

vxiaotang_0-1630305997017.png

result

vxiaotang_1-1630306016787.pngvxiaotang_2-1630306031145.png

vxiaotang_3-1630306039693.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VipinReddy 

Have you solved this problem? If yes, could you kindly accept the answer helpful as the solution (or kindly share your solution ). so the others can find it more quickly.
really appreciate!
Any question, please let me know. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@VipinReddy I have no idea what you are doing and why the logic is changed, the solution I provided was based on the original question you posted.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@VipinReddy create a measure as below and then use it as a visual level filter in other slicers  where the value is equal to 1

Project Selected = IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( ProjectTable[ProjectColumn] ) == BLANK(), 0, 1 )

Tweak the above measure as you see fit.

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

In the measure you have provided there is no reference to the project status as complete. My requirement is when user selects project status as completed only then he gets to filter using Month and year. I the user selects staus as all or any other than completed then the month and year slicer should be blank. 

Hi @VipinReddy 

You can make the following adjustments on parry2k's measure,

Project Selected = IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Project Status] ) = "Completed", 1,0 )

then put the measure into the visual level filter,

vxiaotang_0-1630305997017.png

result

vxiaotang_1-1630306016787.pngvxiaotang_2-1630306031145.png

vxiaotang_3-1630306039693.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I know this is sooo close to solving what I need, but I can't figure out how to apply.  How would you use this if your dropdown had 3 options?  In my case it's "full time", "part time", "per diem".  If "per diem" is not selected I want to drive a 1 so that I can use that for the visual filter.

I have used the following measure and in visual level filter I have added 'is 0' but when I select Completed only 6 month names are showing. What could be the reason? 

Selection Status = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('GPI projecthygiene'[OverAllProjectStatus])="Completed",0,1)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors