Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter selections are not saved

Issue:

I've developed a report and I am trying to use card visulatization with some set filters. After moving between different pages/tabs, filters are not persistent and I lose selected filter.

Requirement:

I need selected filter option to be always saved, irrespective of publishing or moving between different pages/tabs.

Pre-checks:

File is developed in following version of PowerBI - 2.78.5740.1101 (Feb, 2020).

Access - Have all permissions since I'm the developer for that report

Selected settings - Refer attachment below

Power BI Report settings.PNG

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

From your example I assume that you select certain filters on slicer from page A and you want them to be reflected on page B correct?

First of all you need to have the same slicer on both pages and syncronize them (you can hide them in one page if you want the selection always be only on one of the pages) then you need to go to the bookmarks right click and turn off the data option.

By default the data option is always replacing the bookmark to the selection that was at the time of the bookmark creation.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
minarmah611
Frequent Visitor

@MFelix 
I hope this video helps clarify the issue. I think it's a bug

This seems to be a bug but it happens only on certain times, you should place this on the issues part of the forum.

Regards

Miguel Félix

I thought as much. I will log this, thanks 

I saw a post on Linkedin with this video and Miguel Myers answered that this is fixed on the February realease for Power BI.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7159995220049170432?updateEntityUrn=urn%3Ali%3A...

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hi @minarmah611 ,

The video is not available. What is the issuewe you have?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've fixed it, only filters should be created on a page without bookmarks, once those filters are created the bookmark is added and fixed issue. If the page already has a bookmark, just delete it, create the filters, and then create the bookmark.

You don't need to delete the bookmark,
If you RIGTH click the bookmark and choose update it will pick up the new filters.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's right. I tried it and it does work. Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. I have a page that has graphs with filters, but when jumping to another through one button and then going back to it through another button, the filters have been lost. Who can help us?
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @Anonymous 

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to preserve the interaction between visuals  when the page is switched as below.

94.png

If it is , I'm sorry for that it is not supported yet currently.  You can refer to this similar idea.

As someone mentioned ,Interactions are cross-highlights which we can’t save to the report - they are transient state. Slicer and filter selections however are persisted with the report on save.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-easonf-msft, @MFelix - I meant slicer.

Detailed example:

Page A: Has an icon with an action link to bookmark of Page B.

Page B: Has a card visulatisation and value for the card is calculated based on selected filter options.

Issue: On navigation from Page A to Page B via click of that icon, card value doesn't remain persistent.

Hi @Anonymous ,

From your example I assume that you select certain filters on slicer from page A and you want them to be reflected on page B correct?

First of all you need to have the same slicer on both pages and syncronize them (you can hide them in one page if you want the selection always be only on one of the pages) then you need to go to the bookmarks right click and turn off the data option.

By default the data option is always replacing the bookmark to the selection that was at the time of the bookmark creation.

Regards

Miguel Félix

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you are refering to filtering not being persistent what do you mean? Do you have a set of filters setup in the visual itself or do you have some slicers that interact witht the card making them calculate with those interactions?

If you want that a visualization always have the same filters no matter what the  selections are you need to make the filters at visual level and then turn off all interactions with other visualizations on the page. Maybe you need also to hide the filter pane so that users don't go there and change the filters.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.