Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raymond
Post Patron
Post Patron

Filter reset when using button

Hello,

I am having a little navigation in one of my dashboards and on top of each page a synchronized time slicer. Everytime I use the buttons to navigate to another slide in my report, the time slicer gets reseted. This occurs on every filter in the entire report. 

Anyone an idea how to get rid of that behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @raymond,

By my test with your pbix, it seems that you create the bookmark button so when you click the button, it will show the filter you set as bookmark.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @raymond,

Did you make use of sync slicers?

Yes I did. And when I use the Tab Navigation in the Desktop it is synchronizing but once I use a button element bookmarked to a page, alle the slicer and even predefined filters on visual or page level get reseted. 

I guess the below link will help to achieve your requirement;

https://www.fourmoo.com/2018/04/24/resetting-page-back-to-defaults-using-the-new-buttons-feature-and...

Hope this helps.

unfortunaltely it does not resolve the issue. I already know that you need to create a bookmarkt with specific settings for the user but in my case the user himself walks through a dashboard. On the first page he hits the date slicer and adjusts it to a certain date range. Then he navigates to the next page using one of my buttons. On the following page the date slicer wont be synchronized anymore. Instead it goes back to its natural default stage. If I go back to the previous slide, the made settings are again set to default. Hence each time my users use a button navigation all the filters get set to default.

Hi @raymond,

What Button do you create? 

By my test with Back Button, I cannot reproduce your issue.

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If I'd only knew how to attach a pbix file here?

Okay, here is a link to the dummy dashboard Link

When you adjust the date slider and use the navigation on the left to the next slide you will have to readjust the date slicer again. and this despite them being snychronized.

Hi @raymond,

Thank you for your sharing!

However, I need your dummy pbix file because I want to know how do you create the button and test it. You can upload your pbix to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Hi @raymond,

Could you upload the link again? For somethind wrong, I cannot open your shared link.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

@v-piga-msft: thank you for your patience and your help. Here is yet another link

Hi @raymond,

By my test with your pbix, it seems that you create the bookmark button so when you click the button, it will show the filter you set as bookmark.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Ahhh, I can feel this epiphany. A simple click to exclude filters from the bockmark.

2018-09-05 11_18_04-dummy-dashboard - Power BI Desktop.png

Thank you so much for getting through to this and even posting you solution afterwards in an easily understandable way

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.