Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhanes22
Helper I
Helper I

Filter pane is blank/white

When going to add filters to visual it is blank and I can't see anything. It adds it because when I click around I can get the dropdown going but I can't see what I'm doing. Please helpfilter pane.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bhanes22
Helper I
Helper I

I just made another screen and copied the visuals over and the filter pane shows just fine. Not sure what happened and anxious that it may happen again but for now I guess Im good

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sreed10
Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem and discoveed on the Format Pane there is a Filter Pane option and I had apparently changed my font to White!  Changed it to Black and all is well. Thanks to Eric_Powell's suggestion.

sreed10_0-1699456688864.png

Rabi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, @everyone

The filter pane is blank because of the theme of your report follow the steps below to resolve:

• Go to theme setting
  • click on customize current theme
  • Go to filter pane.
  • Change background colour to light gray 
  • change the font and icon colour to black.
  • Save the changes

Your issue should be resolved, please refer to the snapshot below for reference.

Rabi_0-1693349003522.png

Please tick it correct, Its my first solution.

JotaL
Frequent Visitor

Hello @bhanes22 

I had the same problem, even deeper one as I could not visualize the headers of the filter pane, which you can.

JotaL_0-1659601816065.png

But in my case, the solution was simply to format the filter pane and filter cards.

JotaL_1-1659601973747.png

I have never changed this before, it took me some time to find out. I felt stupid, but sometimes the solutions are that simple 🙂

bhanes22
Helper I
Helper I

I just made another screen and copied the visuals over and the filter pane shows just fine. Not sure what happened and anxious that it may happen again but for now I guess Im good

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@bhanes22 That's a new one. You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Soooo I checked out that link and couldn't find a posting for this bug and I do have Pro but everytime I click to sign in it takes me to m already signed powerbi portal. and in the portal if i go to settings-> help and support -> Get help it takes me back to that same bug posting site and I'm still not signed in. So basically I can't post anything because it won't let me sign in.... 

If anyone could post this bug for me that would be much appreciated. I'm pretty frustrated, as I'll probably have to remake that entire screen. Not sure how it ocurred in the first place and I'm just worried it will happen again and I will have wasted a ton of time 

Double check to make sure the colors in your theme are correct. For example, if the font color for the filter pane is changed to white, everything in the filter pane will be white.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.