cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amy2x23 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Filter out data if on another table

I've got two queries that I've imported from SSAS, one for Quote Names and the other for Opportunity Names.  Both queries show the same Quote Number so I built a third dataset that has unique quote numbers to build a relationship between these two queries.  

How do I filter out the Quote Numbers in the Opportunity Names query that appear in the Quote Names query?  I've tried building the entire thing together with filters on both the Oppty Name and Quote Name but it just filters out too much information.  Basically I'm trying to find if "123 Promo" is in the Quote Name OR if it's in the Opportunity Name.  It can be in both or one or the other.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter out data if on another table

@amy2x23 Assuming you have relationships as below,

QuoteNumber[QNumber] ->(1 to many) OpportunityNames[QNumber]

QuoteNumber[QNumber] ->(1 to many) QuoteNames[QNumber]

in power bi desktop simply create a slicer from table QuoteNumber with QNumber column and create one table visual for each OpportunityNames and QuoteNames table. Then simply select all values in slicer except '123 Promo' and you will see both tables filtered without that or select only '123 Promo' to find out number of rows that has that quote number.

amy2x23 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Filter out data if on another table

Yes, I have the relationship built, but filtering li