Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter out a Value in Waterfall Chart

arnster_0-1594740895601.png

I have made this waterfall chart showing revenue movement from Q2 to Q3. Unfortunately, I cannot get rid of the "closing in q2 at start" value even when applying a filter on "Amount".

arnster_1-1594740966976.png

my dataset for the visual, looks like the above. To balance the "closing in q2 at start", I copied over the values from the 4/23 report to the proper breakdown in the 6/30 report. I have double-checked that the values match to 4 decimal places (we use 4 at most) and should zero out, but floating point calculations are giving me the 7E-5 value. I have tried applying various filters on Amount in the visual, but I cannot get rid of the middle breakdown. Is it possible to do this with filters or some other method?

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt I got it completely. see if this can help in any way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DW5wD2j1xw

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandakI have the chart already set up, so unfortunately the video didn't address the problem. I just want to know if there is a way to remove the 7E-5 value from my waterfall as seen in the screenshot I provided. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you for your time!

@Anonymous ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. Here is a sample:

report_dateBreakdownAmount
6/30/2020closing in q2 at start18991258.7
4/23/2020closing in q2 at start18991258.7

In order to get the values to balance, 6/30/2020 has repeated the value from 4/23/2020. This makes the final value in the waterfall chart match to what the current revenue is. Unfortunately, as seen in the screenshot I first posted, I am left with a 7E-5 for this particular breakdown. I assume it's coming from floating point subtraction, but I cannot filter it out of the visual (please see the waterfall screenshot in my initial post for clarity)

Is it possible to filter out the 7E-5? None of the filters I have tried applying to the visual have worked.

Hi @Anonymous ,

was your problem solved?

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.