Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter only one value/line on my line chart

Hello, 

I have a line chart with two values/lines. I would like my slicers to only apply/filter one of the lines while the other is disabled from filtering. This will allow viewers to compare the overall numbers with the filtered numbers. Is there a way to do this? 

The only way I have found to do this is to create two separate line charts, edit the interactions so the slicers only apply to one of the two charts, and then place the charts on top of each other so it appears as one chart. The only issue with this is when I hover over data points on the graph, it only gives me the values for one chart. 

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

You can use Bookmark and selection pane. 
Create two buttons say UnitPrice and TaxAmount. When you click on UnitPrice that line chart will only show UnitPrice values on chart and when you select TaxAmount that line chart will show only taxAmount values in chart. You can toggle taxamount and unit price buttons.

2019-02-15 00_21_42-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

Thanks,
Amit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! My issue is I need to see national averages and compare them to state averages. I have two lines with the same data and a slicer for state. Is there a way to have one line remain constant, and the second line display whatever state is selected in the slicer? Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous,

You can create a table with the column say TaxAmount  from existing table. In Power Query editor , you can click on TaxAmount from existing table, right click then select TaxAmount column , add as a query then Change list obtained to table. In relationship pane , make sure this newly created table is isolated. So, for any filter you can see the same value for that line chart.

You can change the Taxamount default summarization to average.

2019-02-15 00_51_23-Microsoft Edge.png

Thanks,
Amit

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.