Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JosephatNN
Regular Visitor

Filter one table column to get the results of the other

Hi Team,
I am new to the community and would really appreciate your help.

I am trying to create a table in the Power BI desktop report to show the users who did not submit the MS Form on time, based on the completion date(the date that the form was filled in). The report should flag users who have not yet filled the form for the reporting week. The reporting week should be dynamic (a report user can filter any week and be able to see guys who did not fill in the form within that week.Screenshot (154).pngScreenshot (155).pngScreenshot (156).pngScreenshot (157).png
Any help accorded to me will be of great help. I am also available for a demo call on MS teams. My email is josephatnjoroge@kpmg.co.ke 

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JosephatNN ,

As far as I know, Power BI doesn't support us to create a table with dynamic result based on filter or slicer. Here I suggest you to create a visual which is filtered by [Flag] column. I think there should be two columns in your report data table, [Completion Date] and [Deadline]. We need to compare [Completion Date] and [Deadline] to determind whether the report is submited on time.

My Sample:

RicoZhou_0-1656666518823.png

Date table:

Date =
ADDCOLUMNS (
    CALENDAR ( MIN ( 'Table'[Week Start Date] ), MAX ( 'Table'[Week End Date] ) ),
    "Week Start Date",
        [Date] - WEEKDAY ( [Date], 2 ) + 1,
    "Week End Date",
        [Date] + 7
            - WEEKDAY ( [Date], 2 )
)

Relationship:

RicoZhou_1-1656666561812.png

Create a calculated column to show [Flag].

Flag = IF('Table'[Completion Date]<='Table'[Deadline],1,0)

RicoZhou_2-1656666596377.png

Create a table visual by [User Name], add [Flag] into visual level filter and set it to show items when value =1.

Result is as below.

RicoZhou_3-1656666659849.png

RicoZhou_4-1656666666823.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the solution but still it does not solve the problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.