Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jnaugle
Helper I
Helper I

Filter on visuals causing issues please help

Hello everyone. I am building out a report with visuals for job hours, cost and budget. I have 3 visuals in the report. Invoiced table,Usage table, and Budget hours chart. The data for all of these visuals is filter on a field called ledger entry type. For the invoice table that data type must be 1 to show the correct results. For the Usage table and Budget chart the ledger entry field must be 0 to show the correct result. The issue I am having, The client wishes to be able to click on the job no field on the invoice table and have the data update on all the tables. The problem is the invoice table is data entry type 1 and the other visual are a 0 so the end result when the use clicks the job no in the invoice visual is that the other visual display nothing. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance, Jamie

jnaugle_0-1614963817142.png

jnaugle_1-1614963856575.png

3 REPLIES 3
jnaugle
Helper I
Helper I

I am afraid if I remove the entry type filter than the result will be incorrect. Is there a way to negate filters is the job no column is selected?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jnaugle , In this case Job Number, should be a common dimension and Type should not be. If it is, then you can have a measure that removes the filter of type

calculate([measure],removefilters(Type[Type]))

I don't think a measure that removes the filters is going to work. I need to somehow toggle the type based on the invoice table when a job number is selected. I am not sure if this is even possible.

Thanks Jamie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.