Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ramachandran
Helper III
Helper III

Filter on this page / slicer issue

Hi, 

I used Country dimension as "Slicer" and "Filter on this Page". While selected few countries from Page level filter then rest of the country is not showing my "Slicer" panel. but, Is it possible to show all the country value in "Slicer" pane?

For example, The countries are Australia, Belgium, China, India, US and UK.

I have selected few countries like Belgium, China and US rest of the countries I didn't selected yet. But, I want to see all the country details in "Slicer" pane. How do I handle it?

Ramachandran_1-1619608601211.png

For your reference, I attached file in the below location, 

Filter on this Page.pbix - Google Drive

thanks,

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Ramachandran 

In my judgment, you can easily change 'filter on this page' to 'filter on this visual', because you only have a special visual, and you have already customized the row in the visual, so it’s not convenient to change.

v-janeyg-msft_0-1620182792248.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Ramachandran 

In my judgment, you can easily change 'filter on this page' to 'filter on this visual', because you only have a special visual, and you have already customized the row in the visual, so it’s not convenient to change.

v-janeyg-msft_0-1620182792248.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Ramachandran 

You need to modify your measure 'country sal avg', and change country in fact table to country table,use country in country table as slicer in the visual to show the results. No need to establish a relationship because it will be affected. Please understand what I mean instead of just asking.

v-janeyg-msft_0-1620177764577.png

If there is a problem with the modification, you can share the code and I can help you modify it.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Still, I'm in same position. can you review my .pbix file? 

The file is available here Filter on this Page.pbix - Google Drive

thanks,

Ram

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Ramachandran When you apply any country in Page Level filters so only those values get filtered out from database and display on the visuals. 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Any other alternative way to achieve on this.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Ramachandran , then you should not filter those at the page level. Because you will not be able to avoid page level filter

Hi, @Ramachandran 

You can easily use distinct function to create a new single distinct table the use it as slicer. You also need to change something related to this slicer. As mentioned above, avoid using filters on this page or all pages, otherwise it may cause such embarrassing situation.

v-janeyg-msft_0-1619777488298.png

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Janey Guo,

I tried it and I saw all the country list.

Ramachandran_0-1619794893580.png

Then, I tried to selected few other country value in slicer section but it wont work. 
for example I'm going to select US and UK then the sales value is not coming corresponding new selected country.

Ramachandran_1-1619795200129.png

thanks,

Ram

Hi, @Ramachandran 

Of course, This is a newly created table, and certainly can't change the data in the other visual, I also said that it is a workaround when you have to keep 'the filter on this page.' You have to create the measure corresponding to the original value and then replace it on the visual's value.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Hi @v-janeyg-msft, Really, I don't know how to work on this issue. Is it possible can you create any sample .pbix file for this.

thanks,

Ram

You need to create a relationship between new table and the fact table that has data. Keep it single direction one to many from new table to fact.

Yes, I gave relationship between new table and fact table but its not working as expected.

Ramachandran_0-1620131548014.png

thanks,

Ram

You may need to remove the current page level country filter in filter pane which is from the original tableand add the filter back in filter pane from the new table so that both are in sync. please try this. I will try to pull your file and see.

Any other work around to handle for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.