Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

remychag
Frequent Visitor

Filter on the greatest value

Hi guys,

I am trying to filter data of a list to only display the greatest number. 

Here is what I have in my Excel data:

ratio 2019 

55%
82%
61%
0%
113%
163%
92%
160%
118%

Then in PBI, I just want the greatest value (in this case: 163%) to appear. 

I was trying to use the new filter future but I only find filters like "is greater than" and not "the greatest value".

Do you guys have any idea?

Thank you for your help!!!!!!

Rémy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @remychag,

I created the following measure:

HighestRatio = MAX('Table'[Ratio 2019])

This will find your highest ratio, then you could display that as a card to show the highest ratio or you could use this to filter other visuals.

Hope this helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@remychag,

Yes, there are two ways you could do this.  For both visuals, you would start with a table visual.  The first way is to create a table with the ratio and country then filter the visual by the top value as shown below:

TopN.PNG

The second way is to create a table with only the country field, filter on top N just like before, then change the visual to a Card visual.  For some reason, the card visual does not let you filter on topN, but if you start with a table visual, it will. I think the cards look a lot nicer than the table view, so I would recommend doing this.  An example of this is below.

TopN2.PNG

Let me know if you have any other questions!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @remychag,

I created the following measure:

HighestRatio = MAX('Table'[Ratio 2019])

This will find your highest ratio, then you could display that as a card to show the highest ratio or you could use this to filter other visuals.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Hi hwegman,

Thank you for your help, it works!!! (I'm not super familiar w/ DAX)

One more question: with each ratio goes a country, ex:

Ghana55%
Niger82%
Liberia61%
Sierra Leone0%
Togo113%
Senegal163%
Mali92%
Guinea160%
Ivory Coast118%

Under the biggest ratio, I would like to display (automatically) the correpsonding country and that's not possible with "Card" visualization.

Do you have any idea on how to do it please?

Rémy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@remychag,

Yes, there are two ways you could do this.  For both visuals, you would start with a table visual.  The first way is to create a table with the ratio and country then filter the visual by the top value as shown below:

TopN.PNG

The second way is to create a table with only the country field, filter on top N just like before, then change the visual to a Card visual.  For some reason, the card visual does not let you filter on topN, but if you start with a table visual, it will. I think the cards look a lot nicer than the table view, so I would recommend doing this.  An example of this is below.

TopN2.PNG

Let me know if you have any other questions!

It works perfectly,

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Rémy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.