Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ivegotthepower
Regular Visitor

Filter on Dates within different tables

Hi all,

I'm trying to set a filter (with the slicer) on dates/timestamp in different tables, that are not related to each other via this timestamp, but via "Material" and "EAN", as you can see in the image below. Datamodel.png

I need to filter the data based on the timestamp as well as on the productnumber-relationship. 

Is there any way to realize that? 

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Jonas

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ivegotthepower,

In you screenshot, there're one-to-many relationship between CostList and other tables. It means you can use CostList to filter other tables. Although you can use other tables to filter CostList, it's not recommended because there're some limitations of that.

So to achieve your requirement, you'd better create a datetime table containing a datetime column. Then create one-to-many relationship between your datetime table and CostList table. After that, create a slicer on your datetime column in datetime table.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

HI @v-yuta-msft,

thanks for your response!

Can you help me with the one-to-many Relationship between "CostList" and the new "datetime"-table?

Which column should I use for this Relationship? The "CostList" doesn't contain any datetime-information.

Thanks and Best Regards

Jonas

Hi ivegotthepower,

What does productname relationship mean and could you please provide more details about which datetime column do you want to filter?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

thanks again.

My purpose is to create a report page, that combines data out of the following tables with the also following relationship-relevant-columns: (The "..." represents the key figures to display in the report)

1. Artikel (S530)
    1. European Article Number (EAN)
    2. CalendarDay
    3. ...
  2. Lokale DB-Rechnung
    1. European Article Number (EAN)
    2. CalendarDay
    3. ...
  3. Cost List
    1. European Articel Number (EAN)
    2. Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN)
    3. ...
  4. RVDATAPOOL
    1. Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN)
    2. CalendarDay
    3. ...

Within the report-page I would like to be able to filter the time with the slicer, for example to compare the data out of the RVDATAPOOL and the Artikel-table within the last week. 

Actually I'm only able to filter either the CalendarDay within the RVDATAPOOL-table or within one of the other tables but not on all calendarday at the same time, with a single filter. 

I Hope this clarifies my problem. 

Thank you and Best Regards,

Jonas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.