Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dgreen23
Helper III
Helper III

Filter on Button Click

I have a ton of cards in my report. I have put invisible buttons above many of them that navigate to the information that they contain. However, clicking the button does not filter the shown information. I saw in this post https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Drillthrough-on-card-or-button/td-p/598378 that they believed it was possible to use a slicer to filter the data. The way that my report works are it has a slicer in the top right corner that allows the user to navigate between our companies and see their data on the main page. Is there a way for me to filter the card drill-down pages based on the slicer on the main page? Thanks for the help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

If it is a drill down page it should filter automatically, however, you should also look at the Sync Slicers info on this page. You could put a slicer on your drill down page, sync it with the main page, then hide it on the drilldown so it doesn't show up.

But I'd like to understand really why the drill down page isn't automatically filtered. And by "drill down" I mean the drill down feature built into Power BI, not just another page with more detailed data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
edhans
Super User
Super User

If it is a drill down page it should filter automatically, however, you should also look at the Sync Slicers info on this page. You could put a slicer on your drill down page, sync it with the main page, then hide it on the drilldown so it doesn't show up.

But I'd like to understand really why the drill down page isn't automatically filtered. And by "drill down" I mean the drill down feature built into Power BI, not just another page with more detailed data.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

@edhans The sync function you shared did the trick. Now I just have to figure out how to hide the slicer. 

As for the page, it's self it is just a page with more information kind of a pseudo-drill-down page. Not an actual one build with the drill-down functionality. Thank you for you help!

In Power BI, click on the View ribbon, then the Selection button. A new pane will open. Click the little eyeball next to that slicer to hide it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.