Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

music43
Helper III
Helper III

Filter of unknown origin

Hi

I am working on an inherited report. I have just copied and pasted a clustered column chart.

The original chart has 4 fields in the "filters and slicers affecting this visual". Three of these are "Filters on this visual" and the other is from the "Filters on this page" pane.

The pasted chart (pasted on the same page) has 5 fields in the "filters and slicers affecting this visual". Three of these are "Filters on this visual" and the other is from the "Filters on this page" pane.

Can anyone suggest where I should look to clear this filter and out of interest HOW this is happening from a copy/paste function.

Thanks everyone

7 REPLIES 7
jharsh
Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue and was able to fix it by going to the view toolbar and selecting the Selection option.  In the selection bar that appears look for any Slicers that have the hidden icon (the eye with the line through it).  Click the eye to unhide the slicer and then remove the slicer and the extra filter went away.  Hope this helps.

jprdynamicapps
Helper IV
Helper IV

I'm having the same issue as the OP.  In my case, I think it is a "stuck" drill-through filter.  I originally created this page as a drill-through but then changed my mind.  A field shows up in "filters and slicers affecting this visual" but does not show in the fitlers pane and there is nothing in drill-through.  Clearing cache did not work.  Saving the file and opening it again did not work. Ideas?

Experimenting further with this, it appears to be an issue with "sync slicers".  I'm getting some other strange behavior such as not being able to create a slicer that isn't synced to others on the same field even if they have different names. 

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @music43 ,

Would you please try to update your desktop to the latest version? It work wells in my test, would you please show us sample pbix by onedrive for business for getting to the root of the issue?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@music43 , Filter on visual and page , you should be able to clear from filter pane on he right hand side ?

If I got the problem correctly.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I can't see the other filter to clear it.

I copied the chart (bottom of the screenshot) and pasted it above. As soon as I paste the visual changes and only shows 4 months instead of 12. The new filter that appears from nowhere is Current Financial Year. I don't know why it appears or where it I can clear it from...

music43_0-1610116510659.png

@music43 . This is something really strange. The only suggestion I have is; under options and setting there is an option for clear cache, use that and copy again and check.

If needed save a copy of file and try in new file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.