Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

goncas
Regular Visitor

Filter of some period, and get the information from the previous 12 months

I have Financial data from 4 years, and I want to get the information based on Time filters, for instance November 2016, and I need to get a line graph with this date, but from December 2015 to November 2016. It means allways 12 month's before the date I choose.

I'm completly bloked, can someone give me an help on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @goncas,

In the solution below, you need an independent date table.  (No relationship with other tables.). You can try it in this file.

Indicator =
CALENDAR ( DATE ( 2014, 1, 1 ), DATE ( 2017, 12, 31 ) )

Then create a measure like this:

MeasureActual =
IF (
    MIN ( 'KPI Values'[Date] )
        >= FIRSTDATE (
            DATESINPERIOD ( 'Indicator'[Date], MAX ( 'Indicator'[Date] ), -1, YEAR )
        )
        && MIN ( 'KPI Values'[Date] ) <= MAX ( 'Indicator'[Date] ),
    SUM ( 'KPI Values'[Actual] ),
    BLANK ()
)

Filter_of_some_period_and_get_the_information_from_the_previous_12_months

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

When you said "Date I choose", what does that mean? Are you saying when you select a date in a slicer/filter on the report or what?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi, Thanks for your fast repply

I will try to explain better

I have a finacial table with several data, Year, Month, (I also convert this two to date collumm), Actual Value, Budget Value, Previous Year Value, Country and so on

I use a Hierarchie Filter, using the Date collumm, to filter the date I want. (for instance: November 2016)

After selected this date, I need to show a line chart containing values from December 2015 to November 2016.

If necessary I can send an example of this

If you are open to share sample data thru google drive or other method, it will help. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks

I create an example file

One pbix and one xlsx

I use Onedrive, and the link are:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnON5XxufzhJju9plyZTpeAjc_YOBA

Hi @goncas,

In the solution below, you need an independent date table.  (No relationship with other tables.). You can try it in this file.

Indicator =
CALENDAR ( DATE ( 2014, 1, 1 ), DATE ( 2017, 12, 31 ) )

Then create a measure like this:

MeasureActual =
IF (
        >= FIRSTDATE (
            DATESINPERIOD ( 'Indicator'[Date], MAX ( 'Indicator'[Date] ), -1, YEAR )
        )
        && MIN ( 'KPI Values'[Date] ) <= MAX ( 'Indicator'[Date] ),
    SUM ( 'KPI Values'[Actual] ),
    BLANK ()
)

Filter_of_some_period_and_get_the_information_from_the_previous_12_months

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Thank you for your example.

Could you please let me know why did you use MIN? 

It seems like the IF statment will always be false - or I am missing something.

Thanks,

Lumi

Thank you very much

This is what I need for this task

You are great

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.