Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sunjin122
Helper I
Helper I

Filter not working

Hi there,

I put a Year hierarchy slicer on my report. However, when I select any specific day, all the other charts stop working. As the pic shown below. I've used the same slicer on other reports and they all worked well. Can somebody help me with this problem? Thanks ahead Smiley Happy

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sunjin122
Helper I
Helper I

The data I used for the report is live data which was laoded by Directquery. The original Date column is Text format, like "20140503", and The downside of Power BI is that I cannot change the data type of live data in Edit Query.  Then I learned that I can change the data type in the Modeling section. As the screenshot  shown below. However, this leads to the failure of slicer. I had to change the data format back to Text and use Dax function sunch as "Left", "Right" to extract Year, Month and Day. In this way, the slicer works well. Hope Power BI can fix this defect someday. 

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sunjin122
Helper I
Helper I

The data I used for the report is live data which was laoded by Directquery. The original Date column is Text format, like "20140503", and The downside of Power BI is that I cannot change the data type of live data in Edit Query.  Then I learned that I can change the data type in the Modeling section. As the screenshot  shown below. However, this leads to the failure of slicer. I had to change the data format back to Text and use Dax function sunch as "Left", "Right" to extract Year, Month and Day. In this way, the slicer works well. Hope Power BI can fix this defect someday. 

Capture.PNG

KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

What do you get when you click the link for See details on the visualizations? Do they each say the same thing?

@KGriceThanks for your response, I've firgured it out. 

Hi @sunjin122,

You can share detailed solution in this forum, this way, other community members could benefit from your solution if they encounter same issues.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.