Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kolumam
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Filter not showing properly

Hi All,

I face a peculiar problem where a filter is not showing although the same is visible in a table. Please find the screenshot for more info. I have been breaking my head on this but unable to identify the root cause. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Please see screenshot for more info. The phase is showing in the table but not in the filter.

rec.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kolumam

Please check the following to let me know your situation better.

Do you use the default slicer?

Does your column added to the two silcer exsit in the same table?

How do you edit the interaction among these visuals in the same report page?

Is there any slicer on other page which this silcer is sync?

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the graph is getting filtered but not the phase visual. What visual is 'phase'? Is it a Vcard? What DAX have you used for it?

Hi Nikhil,

The visual is just a slicer. Phase is just a field. The issue is when I put a page level filter for the months to show from March 18 to April 19. When I remove the page level filter the phase is showing all the options. What's the best way to go about?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried recreating the problem and it works for me no problem. Having said that, I don't know how your data model is structured. It's possible you are trying to pass a filter from the many side to the one side.

Let me know if it's possible to share the pbix or you can also show the data model view.

Hi @Anonymous, @v-juanli-msft

Thanks for your efforts. Please see below picto understand better. Unfortunately I don't have rights to share pbix. Let me know what other information you need.

Capture.JPG

See the page level filter. When I remove the page level filter it shows LOI. If I put the page level filter to show only from April-18 to March-19, it disappears. So basically the field "Month" is in one table and "Phase" is in another table. I checked the relationships on how they are related. See the below pic when I clear the month filter.

sdasdasdas.JPG

Month is basically present in a table called "Forecast Month"

Phase is present in a table called "Projects"

Basically, there is an indirect relationship between Projects and Forecast Month.

sdf.JPG

fgdfgdfg.JPG 

sdaff.JPG

I actually want the LOI to show even when the months are filtered as that could solve my issue. Let me know if you still need clarifications.

Hi @Kolumam

I make a test based on the your example (tables and relationship between them) and it shows correctly when i add the "month" column in the page level filter.

Could you check my pbix, then tell me what is difference between yours and mine?

I would suggest you drag the columns which are used to create relationships among these tables into one table chart to see how they match each other.

If you want to share your pbix, you could copy your pbix, then delete all the other columns which doesn't show in this problem, also remove some rows of your tables, just keep the rows which cause problems. you could share the final pbix with me for better analysis.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

The filters are not propogating as intended.

Possible reasons: The data model is not identifying relationship between "Forecast Month" table and "Projects" Table. Please note that filters propogate only from one side of relationship to the many side of the relationship.

[1 -> *]  or [1 -> 1] will work but [* ->1] will not (unless you use bi-directional filtering, which I wouldn't recommend). 

If the tables are connected indirectly, as you said, then the relationship should be:

ForecastMonthTable (all columns should be unique) -> IntermediaryTable (all columns should be unique) -> ProjectsTable (columns can be either unique or non-unique)

A single screenshot of 'Relationships View (third option on the left side of PBI Interface) would have been much more helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.