Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ooctaviano
Frequent Visitor

Filter no working on measure

I have two measures using two tables, both tables have a salesperson number

• Sales for month
  • Budget for month

Both are conected to a salesperson table which has the sales person number

The issue arise when I try to create a chart using the sales person number. When I use the salesperson number in the salesperson table the chart finds the budget and the sales for the month, but when I use the salesperson in the sales for month table, for some reason I can't seem to make the filter work. It's as if the filter is not working when trying to get the measure for budget.

ooctaviano_0-1614094126659.png this is the correct result (using salesperson number in salesperson table)

ooctaviano_1-1614094217142.png this is what happens when I use salesperson in sales table it stops recognizing data for budget for the selected dates

All connections seems fine

ooctaviano_3-1614094375578.png both tables are connected to the sale info

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ooctaviano that is a different issue, there are few ways to do this. You can use visual level filter on the slicer to say where sales measure is not blank or you change the cross filter direction to both between salesperson and sales table (it is not recommended) but visual level filter is the way to go.

Check my latest blog post Improve UX: Show Year in Legend When Using Time Intelligence Measures | PeryTUS IT Solutions  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ooctaviano that is a different issue, there are few ways to do this. You can use visual level filter on the slicer to say where sales measure is not blank or you change the cross filter direction to both between salesperson and sales table (it is not recommended) but visual level filter is the way to go.

Check my latest blog post Improve UX: Show Year in Legend When Using Time Intelligence Measures | PeryTUS IT Solutions  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Thanks a lot, this worked great, have a great day.

Sincerely

Omar Octaviano

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ooctaviano why would you use a salesperson from the sales table when you have a common table that links to both sales and budget. if you are using a salesperson from the sales table, it is not filtering the budget table and that's is the reason it is not working. You have a proper model with a common dimension for the sales person and should use it instead of using the sales person from the sales table.

Yes I agree, the only reason I use the reference from the sales table is because I don't want the complete list of salesperson available in the slicer. If I use the slicer from the salestable the list only references the sales person available on that month, otherwise I'm stuck with a big list with persons that are no longer on the sales team. 

Is there a way I can't only show the salesperson available on that month, so it makes the selection easier for the users?

Please advise

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors