Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ACI_Data
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filter measure with 3 slicers/3 levels

Hi,

This is my situation and hopefully somebody knows something.

I have a tab maintenance with a measure that divides the sum of maintenance of the latest year with the sum of revenue of the latest year

GO tov omzet = 
DIVIDE(
    CALCULATE(
        SUM('GrootOnderhoud'[Gerealiseerde groot onderhoud]);
            FILTER(
                ALL(GrootOnderhoud[Jaar]);
                GrootOnderhoud[Jaar]=
                    MAX(GrootOnderhoud[Jaar])
            )
    ); 
    CALCULATE(
        SUM(Omzet[Gerealiseerde omzet]);
            FILTER(
                ALL(Omzet[Jaar]);
                Omzet[Jaar]=
                    MAX(Omzet[Jaar])
            )
    );0)

In the revenue tab I have a measure that divides the sum of revenue of the latest year with sum of total rentable m2

Omzet per m2 huurder = 
DIVIDE(
    CALCULATE(SUM(Omzet[Gerealiseerde omzet]);FILTER(ALL(Omzet[Jaar]);Omzet[Jaar]=MAX(Omzet[Jaar]))); 
    SUM(Huurder[Totale verhuurbare m2]);
)

So far so good. Both tabs have 4 slicers. Year, tenant, owner and premise. Now this is where it goes wrong.

When, in either tab, I filter using the slicer owner and/or premise everything is calculated correctly. The moment I use the slicer tenant the denominator of each measure doesn't change. Even though the value should change.

The order in revenue/maintenance is the owner(verhuurder) -> premise(pand) -> tenant(huurder).revenue lv 1revenue lv 1

here you see the denominator of the total rentable m2 of the selected owner

revenue lv 2revenue lv 2

the total rentable m2 of the selected owner and premise

revenue lv 3revenue lv 3

here when selecting a specific tenant the total rentable m2 shouldn't be 805 m2 but 186 m2. This is in the tab revenue

Its the same with the measure in the tab maintenance

lv 1lv 1

total revenue of selected owner

lv 2lv 2

total revenue of selected owner and the premise

lv 3lv 3

When selecting a specific tenant the total revenue shouldn't be 127.596 euro but 41.364 euro

I have no idea what to do. It seems as if the measure stops filtering the data until the premise, after that it doesn't recognise the tenant(huurder) slicer. Is it a relationship? Should I do a calculated column? Is it not possible in BI to filter a measure on 3 levels? Should I change the measure?

Thanks in advance 😄

Desperate developer

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ACI_Data
Resolver I
Resolver I

It took me a while, but my data model and relationships were the main cause of this issue with filtering and measures. Guess I learned something new with this project 😄 thanks for the responses/help

View solution in original post

ACI_Data
Resolver I
Resolver I

It took me a while, but my data model and relationships were the main cause of this issue with filtering and measures. Guess I learned something new with this project! thanks for the responses/help 😄

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ACI_Data
Resolver I
Resolver I

It took me a while, but my data model and relationships were the main cause of this issue with filtering and measures. Guess I learned something new with this project! thanks for the responses/help 😄

ACI_Data
Resolver I
Resolver I

It took me a while, but my data model and relationships were the main cause of this issue with filtering and measures. Guess I learned something new with this project 😄 thanks for the responses/help

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ACI_Data 

Is it convenient for you to upload a simplified version of the sample?

It seems that there is a lack of information about some related measures, such as how the formula of the measure Huurder[Totale verhuurbare m2] is.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ACI_Data well I hope someone can help. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ACI_Data Way too long of a post to follow. I would recommend putting something together in a sample pbix file and the expected result, it will be much quicker to understand and resolve the problem.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k But the data is of a customer and confidential I can't use it for a sample pbix. Creating a replica of the situation with self made data while making sure it portraits my report would actually take more time?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.