Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BK1234
Helper I
Helper I

Filter line chart by clicking bar chart, but filter only with x-as bar chart

Hi there,

I have a bar chart with category1 on the x-axis, average waiting time as a measure and category2 as a legend. This visual is filtered on 1 value of category3. This is not visible in the bar chart as an axis or legend.

I have a second visual, a line diagram with average waiting time as measure, category3 as a legend and week on the x-axis. This visual shows all values of category3, instead of 1 like in the bar chart.

What I want is to use the bar chart as a kind of filter, for category1 (x-axis of bar chart). So I want to click on a bar for a specific category1 and the line diagram should be filtered on that category 1 and category2 (which is in the legend). But I don't want the line diagram to be filtered on category3. Can I make that happen despite the fact the bar chart has a filtering on category3?

I thought something like: make a new measure for the line diagram, which clears all filters (DAX) and then applys the filters I want to use (category1, category2). Is that possible?

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BK1234 

As tested, i am unable to figure out this problem.

This can be achieved by editing interactions among visuals.

"What I want is to use the bar chart as a kind of filter, for category1 (x-axis of bar chart). So I want to click on a bar for a specific category1 and the line diagram should be filtered on that category 1 and category2 (which is in the legend)"

But this seems impossible.

But I don't want the line diagram to be filtered on category3. Can I make that happen despite the fact the bar chart has a filtering on category3

Anyway, maybe others can help you.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there someone else who can help me?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.