cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Filter issues

Hello, I have two dates with data. Whenever I filter by one month it still shows as the total of all the months on the cards and other visuals. Is there a way to fix this issue? Thanks.

Power BI.PNGPOWER bi 2.PNG

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Filter issues

do you have a relationship between those tables? if you dont that could be causing that issue

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @joohyo,

Did you use any measures? What's the formulas?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Dale,

I am fairly new to PowerBi and do not know how to set up formulas or measures. Will that solve the issues? If so what needs to be done?

Thanks,

Joo

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Hasan,

I am fairly new to PowerBI. What are relationships and how should I form them?

Thanks,

Joo

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have also appended my data from the February data into the January data therefore, it is technically one table.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@joohyo - without knowing too much about the data in your tables, it would seem to me those two tables should be one table.

If they came in through Get Data, rather than loading those two tables, create an Append Query in the Query window to merge the two tables into one, then uncheck "Enable Load" on the two source tables.

I am assuming the two tables are identical data but two different months of it (January sales, February sales) for example.

That will eliminate your issue of crossfiltering.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@edhans Hello,

What I did was I had a January table and then used the get data I have imported the February table. Then I used the appended function to insert the February data into the January table. Each time I filter just by January (or just february) it filters properly on just one client, but does not filter as the total of the entire client.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

If the January table has Jan+Feb data, then you don't need the Feb table to be checked for "enable load"

What might be happening is your feb data in the visuals is being pulled from the Feb table and that will cause the issue you are seeing, as those tables aren't related, and really cannot be related.

I'd back up your PBIX file just in case because this could trash some of your visuals, but back it up, then go to the queries and uncheck "enable load" for the Feb table and save that.

Now all of your data should be in the Jan table if you did the append, and crossfiltering should work.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors