Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sjensen
Helper I
Helper I

Filter is skewing data

I have correct data when I have all years selected, but when I filter by year the data no longer shows correct data. For example from 2014 to 2018 data is showing acurrate data but when I just show 2017 or 2018 the filter skews the data. How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you filtering the data? Through slicer? Since its working for some years, the filtering process works fine, you need to check your data only.

Play around with your data to confirm - For ex, pull data in a table visual, apply visual filter for YEAR(date1) = 2018 to make sure the data is correct... etc.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you filtering the data? Through slicer? Since its working for some years, the filtering process works fine, you need to check your data only.

Play around with your data to confirm - For ex, pull data in a table visual, apply visual filter for YEAR(date1) = 2018 to make sure the data is correct... etc.

Thanks

Raj

I figured it out, turns out my date column was being interpreted as a text field so it was skewing the data. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors