Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter is not flowing through to other filters

Hi all,

So just a bit of background on what i was initially trying to do. I had a UniqueID from different tables that i wanted in a single filter that synced across all my pages. So that if i click on a specific UniqueID, it filters across all the pages. I did this by creating another table that just had UniqueID and used this as my filter. Great! It works?

No it doesn't work. So when i try to filter my tables, charts, graphs by the Location Filter - it works. But my location filter doesn't filter my UniqueID filter. Look at the screenshot below. I found the issue though - every Location has a UniqueID but not every UniqueID has a Location. I hope that makes sense. So what im essentially trying to do is make sure that my Location Filter can also filter my UniqueID.

Perhaps this involves getting rid of my uniqueID table since it's in each of my Sales/History/Profit table but the only issue is that if i got rid of it - it wouldn't sync across all pages as they come from different data sources. Any help is appreciated TIA!

Mali2020_0-1607381387874.png

6 REPLIES 6
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am curious if you have solved this problem.

If it is solved, can you share your solution with us? Or accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please share us more details.

Best Regards,

Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Icey,

No solution - i dont think there really is one. The tables have a very limited relationship so you can't really Sync the slicers across. 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you don't mind, share me some sample data, not real data, and the result you expect. Let me try whether the problem can be solved from other directions.

Best Regards,

Icey

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear. You can use Sync Slicer to Sync(same slicer) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers#sync-and-use-slicers-on-other-pages

Also you can follow this approch two sync two slicers (joined to common table) on same page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOquvfhzNM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Can slicers sync if they're from two or more different data sources?

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, provided that the relationship between the tables is established correctly.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.